Defense Contractor Fraud
The Government spends billions of dollars improving, building and elevating weapons systems, and often defense related equipment and facilities. A majority of the defense contract work is performed through contracts made with private companies in the United States and throughout the world.
Examples of defense contract fraud include:
- Inflating the cost of the project;
- Changing one product for another without notifying the government of the change;
- Contractors misrepresent labor and material costs on different contracts;
- Using and constructing substandard or poorly made materials;
- Charging the Government for materials, labor or research that is not part of the project.
Without the information provided by whistleblowers filing a qui tam claim under the federal and state false claims act, defense fraud would go undetected by the government.
If you have knowledge and proof of fraudulent or false claims for payment made by a company or entity hired by the Government to perform work in connection with a defense contract project, please contact the whistleblower lawyers at Levy Konigsberg LLP for a free and confidential consultation by calling our 24/7 hotline at 212-605-6200 or toll free at 1.888.FRAUD.USA (1.888.372.8387), or by submitting an email inquiry.
This information is for educational purposes. It is not offered as and does not constitute legal advice or legal opinions. You should not act or rely upon this information without seeking the advice of an attorney.
- Top Defense Contractor Fraud Cases;
- Using False Estimates and Fraudulently Underbidding a Government Contract.